From the sidelines to the pitch again, NPFC is back in action seeing many players return to training for their very first session! With many other clubs returning to play powerchair football, we have seen many players return to the court to make up for lost play. As to enable players at NPFC to return, we have introduced a set of guidelines to keep players, volunteers, coaches, parents and assistants safe during the covid pandemic. In summary, we have implemented the following rules to protect everyone at NPFC during training:
- Applied a compulsory mask policy to reduce the spreading of the virus, except for those who are exempt.
- Barcode check-in as per the government guidelines via the NHS Covid-19 App.
- Encouraged players to regularly sanitize/wash their hands where possible.
- Players have designated areas to get set up for training, which can’t be accessed by anyone else other than parents/carers assisting the player.
- Introduced a one-way system in and out of the venue via the side doors.
- Equipment is cleaned and wiped down regularly after every use.
The video below takes you through the steps in video format. Please consider subscribing to our YouTube channel here and dropping the video a like if the video explains the club’s procedures well!
Players Happy to be Back
Many of the players were excited to be back to training after over a year off the pitch. One player, Adam Langley was really happy to return to the court and found the measures we put in place to help keep his first session back safe. Some of the other players also felt the same with measures ensuring that they don’t catch or pass on the coronavirus to each other.
Good to be back!
Hopefully, the content above has given you an insight into what we have done as a club to keep everyone safe. We hope to continue following these rules and continuously monitor guidance to ensure we give our players the best protection. It’s finally great to be back and will be looking forward to sharing more of what we get up to as powerchair football returns back to normal!
We Need Your Help!
We are always looking for new content and topics to discuss on the website. If have any powerchair football-related content you want publishing on your behalf i.e. to share your powerchair football charity fundraising events, players experiences and more, then please consider contacting us via “email@example.com”. While it isn’t necessary, your cooperation is highly appreciated by everyone at NPFC so let’s get sharing!